WAFLT-COFLT Deadline for proposal submission is 30 June 2010.
Please consider submitting a proposal for the 2010 COFLT! If you have never presented before, COFLT is an excellent opportunity to hone your skills. Now more than ever, French teachers need the support and input of their colleagues. If you need a suggestion or an idea for a presentation, please contact an AATF board member.
Every October, WAFLT sponsors a conference featuring presentations and demonstrations by prominent state national members. Locations are chosen that best serve the needs of the entire state. Every second or third year the fall conference is a joint conference with our colleagues from Oregon in COFLT. Features of the fall conferences include:
* Extensive publisher's exhibits of the latest language teaching aids from national and local sources
* Keynote addresses and workshops by regionally and nationally recognized leaders in language learning/teaching
* Recent state developments
* Meetings of specialized groups such as the AATG, AATF, AATSP, WATJ, frequently with guest speakers in those languages
* Displays of state poster contest winners
* A general membership meeting
WAFLT-COFLT's Bi-state Conference 2010 will take place October 7-9, 2010 in the SeaTac Doubletree Hotel. The kickoff Welcome Reception will be Thursday evening, Oct. 7, so plan to arrive then. Sessions start Friday morning, October 8, at 8:00 a.m. The Friday keynote address will start at approx. 9:00 a.m. You won't want to miss Toni Theisen, the ACTFL Teacher of the Year in 2009. She is an active, innovative teacher, as well as a tremendously inspiring and motivational speaker! Watch this website for more information, as well as COFLT's choice for the Saturday keynote speaker. The team of joint conference chairs is already hard at work organizing a quality experience for all involved. Our regional association, PNCFL, will also be participating. The conference presents sessions that are offered by volunteers from our state organizations. Please consider sharing with your colleagues!