Google Voice - Appelez-moi!

3.11.12

Clark College International Education Week presents Benin/Senegalese musician Parfait Bassale: 16 November 2012


Parfait Bassale: Photo credit -Reverbnation 
H/T - Sheryl Meservey for this information. 
  • 16 November, 2012 - 2:30 - 3:30p.m.
  • Penguin Student Lounge (PUB 161)
  • Parfait Bassale, Senegalese/Benin musician
  • Artist, activist and master’s degree candidate in International Conflict Resolution at Portland State University, Parfait Bassale has impacted youth internationally with his educational model that combines music and conflict resolution techniques. A native of Benin (West Africa) and raised in Senegal, Bassale paints a message of truth, inspiration and hope through his music.

From Parfait Bassale's website:
Born in Benin (West Africa), at a very young age I started traveling with my family through west Africa (Niger and Senegal). Excited to learn English and to experience something new, I moved to the USA after I graduated from high school.
My musical journey started at age 12 when, influenced by the hip hop movement in France (Iam, Fonky Family, Faf Larage...) and in Senegal (Dara-J, Positive Black Soul etc.) I started rhyming. With my High School buddies (Az and Mx), I put together the Sixth Sense. Gradually, the music evolved and I eventually picked up the guitar to accompany my rhymes and melodies.
Passionate about academia and social issues, I also enrolled in the Masters Program in International Conflict Resolution at Portland State University. During my academic training I focused on the adaptation of conflict resolution techniques to songwriting by means of storytelling. This interest organically grew and led to a workshop model that continues to inspire, transform and impact youth and adults internationally.

YouTube Channel: ParfaitOnline

Aucun commentaire: